Eight GCTF Coordinating Committee Meeting
NEW YORK - United States – On 26 September 2015, the GCTF Coordinating Committee convened in New York for its eighth meeting. Members reviewed the Forum’s strategic priorities, considered ongoing and planned initiatives, and reviewed activities since the previous GCTF Coordinating Committee meeting on 6-7 May 2015 in Doha.
Key outcomes and cross-cutting themes included the following:
- GCTF Members welcomed and supported the ‘‘Initiative to Address the Life Cycle of Radicalization to Violence” as a timely and necessary contribution to the ongoing global work on countering violent extremism (CVE). The initiative is designed to capture the full life cycle of radicalization, from the front end, where governments and communities are attempting to prevent susceptible individuals from being attracted to the ideologies promoted by ISIL/Da’esh as well as other terrorist groups with different ideologies, to the back end, where governments and communities need to assess the risk posed by radicalized individuals and determine how best to prosecute and/or reintegrate them into society.
- GCTF Members praised the coordination effort proposed through the International Counterterrorism and CVE Capacity-Building Clearinghouse Mechanism (ICCM), financially sponsored by the United States and co-chaired by the United States and Turkey.
- Members pledged to implement the new framework documents to be adopted at the sixth Ministerial Plenary Meeting of the GCTF: The Good Practices on Women and CVE and the Addendum to the Algiers Memorandum on Good Practices on Preventing and Denying the Benefits of Kidnapping for Ransom (KFR) by Terrorists.
- GCTF Members acknowledged the role the three GCTF-inspired institutions – Hedayah, the International Institute for Justice and the Rule of Law (IIJ), and the Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF) – play in helping members and partners operationalize the objectives of the Forum.
- GCTF Members welcomed the smooth transition of the co-chairmanship of the GCTF from the United States to the Netherlands.
On the 21st of September the GCTF 7th Ministerial Plenary meeting will take place in New York at the Roosevelt Hotel. This will be the first Ministerial meeting under Dutch – Moroccan co-chairmanship...
The GCTF Coordinating Committee convened for its ninth meeting in The Hague, the Netherlands, on 12 and 13 April 2016. Member States and representatives of the GCTF partner organizations reviewed the Forum’s strategic priorities, considered the ongoing and planned initiatives, and reviewed activities since the previous Coordinating Committee Meeting in New York, held on 25 September 2015...