23 September 2019
The Sixteenth GCTF Coordinating Committee Meeting provided an opportunity to take stock of the Forum’s progress since the last GCTF Coordinating Committee Meeting, held in Malaga, in March 2019.
The Coordinating Committee prepared for of the Tenth GCTF Ministerial Plenary Meeting through the discussion of the new GCTF Framework Documents to be endorsed by the Plenary Meeting:
- Glion Recommendations on the Use of Rule of Law-Based Administrative Measures in a Counterterrorism Context (Nigeria/Switzerland)
- Addendum to the GCTF Good Practices on Women and Countering Violent Extremism, with a Focus on Mainstreaming Gender (Australia/Indonesia)
- New York Memorandum on Good Practices for Interdicting Terrorist Travel (Morocco/the United States)
- Berlin Memorandum on Good Practices for Countering Terrorist Use of Unmanned Aerial Systems (Germany/the United States)
The Coordinating Committee also discussed Working Group Work Plans for the upcoming period of 2019-2021. Initiative Co-Leads also provided an update on new and on-going initiatives, such as:
- Policy Toolkit on the Zurich-London Recommendations on Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism and Terrorism Online (Australia/Switzerland/the United Kingdom)
- Initiative on Criminal Justice Responses to the Linkages Between Terrorism, Transnational Organized Crimes and International Crimes (Nigeria/Switzerland)
- Initiative on National-Local Cooperation in Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism (Australia/Indonesia)
- Watchlisting Guidance Manual (United States)
- Initiative on Maritime Security and Terrorist Travel (United States)
GCTF-Inspired Institutions also presented on their work, while the United Nations presented on the current status on GCTF-UN cooperation and update and follow-up on the Implementation of the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy and relevant UNSCRs.
Finally, the Coordinating Committee addressed the sustainability of the GCTF.